Back to School will be a lot different this time round. Shopping for uniforms, lunch boxes, water bottles and bags take a back seat as the health and safety of kids comes to the forefront. Ensuring kids are following a healthy nutritious diet has become more important than ever.
The experts at India Gate share healthy Back to School tiffin recipes, the kids are sure to love.
Healthy Paneer & Quinoa Masala on Toast
Curry powder ½ tblspn
Cumin powder 1 tspn
Red Chilli Powder ½ tspn
Olive Oil 20ml
Chopped onions 80g
Chopped Tomato 20g
Toasted bread slices 4
- Heat a pan with olive oil, sweat the onions, add the spices, add the tomatoes, add the paneer and cooked quinoa. Check seasoning.
- Fold in generous amount of chopped coriander.
- Spoon on Toasts
To Serve: Spoon on toasts
Taco shells 4
Chopped gherkins & capers 30g
Diced peppers 20g
Tomato ketchup 30g
Chopped Parsley 20g
Worcestershire sauce 3tspn
Tabasco 1 tspn
Lemon juice 1tspn
- Cook the quinoa in stock
- Mix it with all the ingredients
- Stuff into the Taco Shells
Pour over generous amount of eggless mayo and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Quinoa Crusted Podi Spiced Tofu
250 gms firm tofu
¼ cup quinoa
1 tsp chutney podi
½ tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Oil to grease grill pan
- Roughly pound the quinoa or lightly whizz it in the mixer. You don’t want it to be powdered just slightly broken
- Mix all spices with pounded quinoa
- Coat sliced tofu with spiced quinoa and lightly sauté on a grill pan
- Serve with a lettuce salad
Veg Quinoa Frankie
1 cup quinoa
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bell peppers
400 gms black beans, rinsed and drained
400 gms diced tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoon Taco seasoning
Shredded yellow and mozzarella cheese
- Cook quinoa.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the thinly slice onion and bell pepper with taco seasoning over medium heat for 7-10 minutes
- Mix quinoa with beans, diced tomatoes and remaining taco seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Assemble the burritos: put the quinoa mixture with sautéed onion/pepper, both the cheese, on to tortillas. Roll up, tucking both sides.
- Serve with sour cream.